domingo, 25 de setembro de 2011

Past Continuous X Simple Past


They were walking in the park when they met na old friend.
Jonh was working when the phone rang.
When she arrived at school, her friends were playing soccer.
While I was brushing my teeth, I heart the baby crying.
Carol was washing the dishes while Jim was cleaning the kitchen.

While/When

Past Continuous + Simple Past:
Use when or while.
Ex:
I was watching TV when the doorbell rang.
While I was watching TV, the doorbell rang.

Past Continuous + Past Continuous:
Use while.
Ex:
I was watching TV while my mother was cooking.

Wh-Questions + Simple Past

What did you do last night?
I watched a Spielberg movie.

Why did they come here?
Because they wanted to talk to you.

Where did she GO last weekend?
She went to her granmother’s farm.

Who did you see in the afternoon?
I saw my friend Sayuri.

When did he go to Bahia?
He went to Bahia last month.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário